Acvities and local attractions at Green Trees.
You do have enough reason to stay lazy and go nowhere during while you are at Green trees. But for those who seek to discover and experience the nearby attractions, we do have quite a lot of options.
- A drive through the virgin ever green forests covering the famous Athirappilly waterfalls, Charpa waterfalls, Vazhachal waterfalls, Anakayam, Vachmaram, Sholayar, Malakkapara, etc where you could stand a chance of sighting wild life, like elephants, bisons, tigers, deer, etc.
- Visit Kerala’s leading water theme park Silver Storm. While enjoying the various rides and one can also experience the only Snow World Park in Kerala. (15 minutes drive).
- Experience our Chalakudi River, as she flows gently while through the rocks creating music to heal our stress. She whispers and murmurs, a song of its own and you could just sit on the banks of the river for hours as you forget the time passing by or you could just slide into her to enjoy the gentle massage as you once again get your spirits high with the music of nature.
- Fishing is another activity that could keep you involved for hours.
- We would take you for a walk through the oil palm estate and also provide a visit to the oil palm factory operated by the Government of Kerala.
- Malayatoor hills, the International Pilgrimage centre where St.Thomas, the Apostle of Jesus Christ was believed to have visited during AD 52. The drive to Malayatoor is very scenic and the distance covered is around 15 kilometers.
- A visit to a tribal village can also be organised to know more about the lifestyles and humble living of the Age old tribes of Kerala.
- The cultural capital of Kerala – Thrissur is hardly an hour’s drive from Green Tree. You can visit old temples and churches
- The Muziris is a heritage project developed by the Department of Tourism, Government of Kerala to reinstate the value and importance of Muziris which was once upon a time a major commercial hub. A day trip to Muziris would be a great experience for the history lovers.
- Guruvayur Temple, an ancient and important SreeKrishna Temple is a day trip from our resort.